My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, July 27, 2018

7/27/18 Farmer Friday


Picking flowers for Market. Zinnias and sunflowers really taking off. 



Cherry tomatoes may not make it. A few hours too long without water. 



Love these okra flowers. Can you tell they are related to hibiscus. 



First picking of red okra. Even the biggest one was tender. Yup. Ate them all standing in the garden. 



Washing radishes. 




Off to deliver to my customers in Superior. We meet at a great little coffee shop and deli, The SunFlour Market. This is where I bought my hat last year. It is holding up well to daily wettings and sweating. I love that the sales of hats, purses, fans and baskets help women and children in Africa. 


Back to do evening chores. Sure there's clouds and even thunder grumbles but will it actually rain??!!!


And there it goes, raining over there, on the copper mine. That really doesn't need it. It did sprinkle a bit at my house as I was leaving. Will just have to wait till morning to see if it did any more. Now some dinner and bed. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment