My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, July 6, 2018

7/6/18 Farmer Friday


Uh oh.  How'd you girls get out. Anybody else herding chickens?  



Chickens corralled. Now to put a new tarp over some pens. 16x20. Hope I have it the right way. Sure would be easier in this wind with a helper. 



Pick and wash greens for my Superior customers. The broken drip system means not enough for my Globe Market. Found a part that *might* work but haven't had time to see yet. 



Golden beets popping up. 



This little chick is doing better but still had a squishy crop. 



Broken bungee? Hay string to the rescue!  



#justonemorething I certainly wasn't planning on having to water the squash today!



Dang. What happened to that okra plant?  Whatever it was hope no more go down. They are almost big enough to start blooming. 



Lunch and cool off then pack eggs and veggies. Off to the SunFlour Market in Superior to meet customers. Willa always has such cute stuff!  


Bianca Broodybutt. Pretty sure she's the oldest hen here. As near as we can tell she's at least 7, maybe 8 years old. She was one of the first Silkies given to me. 

Yesterday it was 105. Today only 101 but sure felt a lot hotter with the rising humidity. And everywhere I turned it seemed something else was wilting and dieing. Including me.  The recurring shingles is not really painful but makes me completely exhausted. When I'm walking it feels like I'm wading through a river.  So early to bed for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment