My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

7/25/18


I guess I don't know my own strength. Pulled the hose and the whole faucet popped off. Well it has been there 20+ years. Had a can of primer but of course no glue to be found so a trip to the store. 


Scraped and sanded the pipe and fitting and glued it all back together. Now a 2 hour wait before putting pressure on the line. 



It was 86° at 6:30 this morning. By the time the faucet was done and the sun was over the hill it was miserable. So I watered some more more wilting plants and goofed off on the computer. While watching a webinar about using social media to promote my farm I shelled a bag of bush bean seed I saved last year. By 11ish I had a sinus headache and pressure in my ears so went to mom's house and took about a three hour nap with an ice pack on the back of my neck.  


A Black Copper Marans cockerel that may turnout nice. I'll know in another six months!




Some more grow outs

Tink and Tommy the Tank trying to stay cool


A baby pumpkin


A baby okra


Sunflower and bees. Some things are dieing in this extreme heat and some are thriving. It's wearing me down that's for sure.  7:30 pm and still 100°.  Even with a long nap I'm ready for bed, as soon as I feed the dogs. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment