My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, July 23, 2018

7/23/18


I moved the oldest chicks to the new pen last night, they were on the other side of the pink door. I left the door open so the chicks in this pen could be herded over this morning. Then I cleaned out this pen and got it ready for another group to come from the small hoop house. I put down a little clean sandy gravel for grit and dust bathing along with a couple of buckets of compost full of earthworms. 



It was almighty st 100° at 10am so I went to turn on the cooler and work in the house. Well the old water line had sprung a new leak. I had some new line to replace it but had to drive 12 miles to get these little parts to install it because I couldn't get the old one off the old line to reuse. Cooler up and running I spent some time working on cleaning up and reorganizing. Just a drop in the bucket but progress anyway. 

I went out every little while and moved the water hoses. I thought it was supposed to be about 106° today but it was 110°. At that temp it's really like you stuck you head in the oven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment