My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, July 29, 2018

7/29/18 Sunday


Morning Tink. Ouch, watch the claws will ya! Wow almost August. A lot of schools start tomorrow. I remember when we didn't start until after Labor Day. 


Spent most of the morning turning compost and watering it.  This pile should have been turned months ago and was terribly dried out. 


Took almost 2 hours (including breaks) but finally done. Now off to Tractor Supply for feed. 


Feed hauled and slowly unloaded. It's cloudy and humid and not as hot but still hot enough. 



Hello chicken. I picked up a couple of rescue hens last night. The person was concerned they couldn't get any weight on them. We discussed their feeding program and I advised to cut the scratch and feed a higher problem layer feed. These two girls look healthy enough but will be quarantined for a couple of weeks before mixing with the rest of the flock. 



Well come on. Quite teasing me and rain already.  And finally it did rain. It rained hard for about 30 minutes. I probably got about a half inch of rain. Not nearly enough but anything helps. 


Afterwards I had to stop at the store and there was a great rainbow. First time I've used the panorama feature of my iPhone camera. The usual chores done and off to bed. Good night world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment